Ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox are monthly beauty subscription boxes for $10 a month and they provide you with 5-6 samples in each box. The beauty and/or make up samples are curated to suit your needs, according to a quiz you take when you first sign up.
The theme for the May Birchbox was ‘Adventure’ and this months picks were to help you get creative and adventure out of your comfort zone to try new things! The boxes for this month were again, extremely beautiful! You could’ve received one of three different designs; Say Yes, Next Stop: Adventure, or Adventure Is A State Of Mind. Each box had its own color of beautiful ombre and the writing was in a shiny gold! I REALLY loved the boxes this month.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – This product is exclusive to Birchbox. I already have the full-size of this but I was still happy to receive a little travel size for when I am traveling! This stuff smells amazing and it really works well for people who have frizzy, curly, or wavy hair. Love this stuff.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow – This product is also exclusive to Birchbox. This was way better than expected. It didn’t make me oily and the universal shade surprisingly blended in very well with my skin-tone. I usually hate shimmery products because they just don’t look good on people with huge pores but this was very subtle, it made me glow in a good way!
- COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face – I am already a fan of COOLA products so it’s no surprise that I loved this! This stuff protects and hydrates my skin at the same time which I love instead of using 2 separate products. I’ve been using Retin-A on my face so it has been super dry and this came in handy.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels – This was my sample choice. While I was a little skeptical about this brand because I’ve sampled their face wipes in my Ipsy bag and they literally burned my face, these on the other-hand were awesome! You put them on after a night of no sleep or a long tiring week for about 10 minutes and when they come off your under eyes will look fresh and awake! Not to mention smooth as well. Apparently people loved these just as much as I did since they’re sold-out in the Birchbox shop.
- Marcelle Mini Waterproof Eyeliner Travel Kit – Again, this too is exclusive to Birchbox. I received it in the color Electric Blue, Its a very pretty pop of color but I didnt feel as though this was waterproof and it seemed to be a little runny. Not too bad.
- Emi Jay Solid Hair Tie 5-Pack – This was the bonus for the month! everyone received some type of hair-tie or band. They’re made from recycled material in LA. I have super thick wavy/curly hair and this hair band could barely go over my hair once. I wasn’t a big fan.
I was pretty pleased with my June Birchbox even though the bonus item was a fail for me.
The theme for the June Ipsy bag was “Swim Into Beauty” in reference to the summertime! The bag reflected the theme very well although I personally didn’t like it very much. It was made from a scuba material with ‘Ipsy‘ written all over it and it had a neon orange zipper.
- Jules and Esther Vitamin C Serum – I’ve been looking for a vitamin C serum so I was very happy to see this in my bag! I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation from old acne scars and I was looking for something to lighten them up. I’m not sure if this is doing that for me yet but I do really like this stuff. It makes my face look brighter and makes my complexion feel smoother.
- Smashbox Cosmetic Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I’ve had this before in the past and I’m currently using their pore minimizing one! I like this primer a lot, you might not be a fan if you don’t like silicone based primer but this makes my face feel so smooth and really preps it for my foundation,
- BioRepublic SkinCare Sheet Mask Trio – I love the fact that Ipsy always sends multiples when it’s products like these. Last month they sent me 2 pairs of eye patches to try and this month they sent me 3 face masks! I have to say that I totally loved these. You leave it on for 15 minutes and afterwards your skin feels very hydrated and it glows!
- Formula X Power Source nail color – I got it in a pretty bright coral color for the summertime. Although I don’t wear nail polish very much I did like the color a lot. I was already familiar with this brand because it’s the Sephora nail polish brand.
- tre’StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon – I received this in the color ‘Marimoto Pink Pearl’ which is a nude pink shimmer. It’s nice for a quick swipe over the eyelid and you’re done! The fact that it was a crayon shadow and not a powder one made it have better staying power and it showed up better too. I like the color as well.
I don’t care for receiving nail polish much but overall I really loved my June Ipsy bag. I was happy with both Birchbox and Ipsy for June! If you would like to subscribe to either one of these beauty boxes please click my referral links below: