Ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox are monthly beauty subscription boxes for $10 a month and they provide you with 5-6 samples in each box. The beauty and/or make up samples are catered to suit your needs, according to a quiz you take when you first sign up.
February’s Birchbox theme was ‘Friendship.’ The box was dedicated to the people who cheer us on, calm us down, and make us laugh so hard we cry. I though this was a cute idea since not everyone is in a relationship with a significant other so making the theme Valentines Day would’ve been cliche and overdone. Birchbox teamed up with Rent the Runway this month to give all their subscribers $10 off their first rented dress from the website. If you don’t know what Rent The Runway is, its a website that allows you to rent high-end dresses from many different brands for a low price and then return it when you’re done. I absolutely LOVED the box this month, the bright orange color with the cute violet purple speech bubbles all over it was adorable! Although I loved the actual box I didn’t really love what was in my box this month 🙁
- Perlier Revitalizing Body Butter – Yet another hand cream/lotion. I think I’ve gotten one in every single box since I’ve been subscribed and I’m getting sooooo sick of it. Anyways, this hand cream was very thick but not greasy, its really good for the winter months and I loved the smell of almonds and honey! Yum.
- Laura Geller Beauty GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara – Probably the only thing that I actually liked in my box this month. This was my sample choice. I liked the formula, it didn’t have any under eye fall out which is what I hate most in a mascara! This was a win.
- Dear Clark, Resurrecting Wash – Im going to be honest, I didn’t even use it. I hate getting shampoo as a sample because I will never buy it even if I like it because I just cannot justify buying shampoo for more than the typical drugstore prices.
- Dear Clark, Resurrecting Rinse – This was the conditioner. Same as above.
- Harvey Prince Hello, Limited Edition – This is exclusive to Birchbox. Another thing I hate receiving is a perfume sample, although I did like the scent of this one, I wear the same perfume all the time so Im not interested in trying perfume samples.
Overall this was probably my worst Birchbox since being a subscriber. But thats okay, because you’re not always going to recieve something you like! Its still worth it to me for only $10 a month.
Ipsy’s February theme was #ipsylove for Valentines Day. I got a lot of love from Ipsy’s February bag! Ipsy gave their subscribers a chance to win a yearly subscription this month by sharing a picture of your february bag on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the tag @ipsy and the hashtags #ipsy #februaryglambag and by sharing it/tagging your friends. The bag this month was dark pink with a grey, white, and pink diamond pattern on the front side. I didn’t really like this bag much. Ive also noticed that I much prefer the bags with a top zipper than one that opens on the side.
- CARGO Cosmetics Mini Lip Gloss – I got this in the color Anguilla which was a light pink/nude color. I hate lip glosses in general and don’t wear them. The texture of this was awful, it was super sticky and the color was horrible as well, it literally looked almost white on.
- Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask – I absolutely loved this!!! You put a thin layer on your face and let it dry for about 15 mins and then you peel it off. It made my skin feel so soft and it looked brighter afterwards too! It smelled sooooooo good too.
- Rob Scheppy for ‘Tini Beauty Eyeshadow – The color I received this in was Pearl Fizz which is like a shimmery champagne color. I liked this a lot, it showed up really well and had good staying power. But I do feel like I keep getting this eyeshadow color and although its my fav its getting kind of repetitive.
- ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Powder – I got this in the color Cosmopolitan which is a ballerina pink color. I really liked this! You only need a little bit because its super pigmented, but it looks amazing on!
- Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush 504 – I love this brush so much! Its vegan, 100% animal cruelty free, and its antibacterial! It was soooo soft, I used it to apply the blush and it worked beautifully. I loved the rose-gold and pink color of it too <3
I think its safe to say that my February Ipsy bag was awesome with the exception of the lipgloss. My Ipsy bag definitely won over my Birchbox this month. If you would like to subscribe to either one of these beauty boxes please click my referral links below: