If I could wear neutrals everyday, I would. They are just so classy and timeless, they can make anyone look good! For this outfit I decided to go full on neutral from head to toe and I absolutely loved the way it turned out. I am wearing the Dolce Dots hijab from Austere Attire, its unfortunately sold-out at the moment, I’m not sure if they will restock it or not but they have many other options, such as the Solid Nude hijab. The Gemstone headpiece I am wearing is also from Austere Attire and they have a couple other pretty ones to choose from as well!
Hijab: Austere Attire sold-out (other neutral hijab here)
Headpiece: Austere Attire
Blouse: Forever21 old (similar here and here)
Trousers: H&M old (similar here and here)
Purse: Kate Spade (cheaper option here)
Shoes: Macy’s old (other nude heels here)
Watch: Michael Kors (cheaper option here)
Bracelets: The Chiq Jewelry
I don’t know about you girls but I love pastels. They’re just so beautiful and girly! When Austere Attire sent me the Sugar Pop hijab in this light peach color it inspired me to put together this pastel colored outfit. I really liked the material of this hijab, it was not slippery at all and it had little polka-dots all over it that you could actually feel when you touch the hijab. The hijab is from their new collection which just went live a couple days ago and its still available for only $15.00!!! They have so many hijabs to choose from for extremely affordable prices such as this one.
Hijab: Austere Attire
Top: Forever21 old (other here)
Skirt: Delicate Hijabi
Purse: Ralph Lauren old (other here)
Shoes: Macy’s old (other here)
Necklace: Forever21 sold-out (other here)
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs (cheaper here)
Bangle: Lord & Taylor old (other here)
My favorite thing ever is pairing up two patterns together. Sometimes this can be hard to do because it ends up looking tacky and all wrong, but you can never go wrong with florals and stripes! I particularly really liked this outfit because it was just so comfortable and laid back but looked very put-togther nevertheless. The hijab I’m wearing was sent to me by The Hijab Souq and I really loved it, the fabric was light and breathable. They have many prints and plain colored hijabs as well for very low prices, you should definitely check them out.
Hijab: The Hjab Souq
Stripped shirt: Forever21
Boyfriend Jeans: Nordstrom old (cheaper here, here, & here)
Purse: Michael Kors old (other here)
Shoes: Marshalls old (other here)
Not too long ago Kaftan For Less sent us their Safitri Dress in the color Tosca and I am absolutely in love with it! It came with a matching pashmina scarf that was of the same material as the dress but I decided to pair it up with a different hijab. My favorite part about it is that its not too long, most dresses I receive usually need to be altered because they’re way too long for me! But this one was perfect because you can dress it up with heels or style it in a casual way with comfortable flats. For this look I decided to dress it up with some nude heels, beige hijab, some gold accessories and a statement beaded clutch.
I hope you love it <3
Dress: Kaftan For Less
Hijab: old (similar here)
Necklaces: Forever21 sold out (other here)
Clutch: Forever21 sold out (other here)
Heels: Macy’s old (similar here)
Ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox are monthly beauty subscription boxes for $10 a month and they provide you with 5-6 samples in each box. The beauty and/or make up samples are catered to suit your needs, according to a quiz you take when you first sign up.
January’s Birchbox theme is ‘Let’s Do This!’ Its a new year and that obviously means you should look and feel your best. This year Birchbox is giving a super cute decorated box EVERY month instead of their usual brown boxes and they told us to save them all because there is going to be a surprise 😀 hurray!!! I can’t wait to see what its going to be.
- Miracle Skin® Transformer Treat & Conceal Eye & Face – I got this in the color medium, it was too dark for me but other than that I loved it!!!! This concealer is amazing, it goes on so smooth and covers blemishes SO well! It’s also good to note that a little tiny bit goes a long way. Although its expensive I would consider purchasing this because I feel like its so worth it.
- theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac – Meh. I got this in the color Beauty Queen, and its like a purply reddish hot-pink color, I don’t really like stains very much so this wasn’t any different. I tried it on my lips and totally hated it, not as bad on my cheeks but I still didn’t like it very much overall.
- Essentiel Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion – I to be honest Im kinda sick of getting hand/body lotions/creams in my Birchbox but I actually really liked this, it felt very luxe and creamy! It was very moisturizing but not greasy and it smelled amazing.
- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream – This is a Birchbox exclusive! Now I’m still 24 (25 in a month or so ahhhh) but I do use eye creams as a preventative. This is supposed to improve wrinkles and lighten dark circles, I don’t really have either so i can’t comment on those. But it was very moisturizing and not greasy, which is what I like in an eye cream!
- Curl Keeper by Curly Hair Solutions™ Curl Keeper Gel – I have wavy/curly hair and its super frizzy too. This helped keep the frizziness away and did NOT make my hair crunchy. I actually liked it.
Although I didn’t totally love everything in my Birchbox this month, it was a pretty good one!
Ipsy’s January theme was ‘Fresh Start’ in light of the new year. I liked the bag a lot this month, I thought it went very well with the theme. It was a thick faux leather material, one side was white while the other was royal blue, and a coral zipper! Very pretty color-blocking.
- J. Cat Beauty FANTABULOUS Gel Eye Liner – I got this in the color Blue Black, it was a true dark navy color. Its supposed to be water-proof and smudge-proof, It stays on pretty well but I didn’t feel like it was water-proof or smudge-proof. Its super dark though and different than the typical black.
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo – This is a liquid highlighter, you can also mix it in your lotion or foundation for a dewy glow. I have combination/oily skin so I do not prefer liquid highlighters because I don’t like looking too dewy. This had an extremely light shimmer/sheen when applied, it was okay nothing too special.
- Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream – I liked that it was organic! It was kind of oily so I use this as a night eye cream because its too heavy for day use. Eye creams are usually thicker, this was kind of watery but it was very moisturizing, which again, is what I look for in an eye cream!
- Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow – I got the color Ethereal which is like a light champagne color. This would be a good eyebrow highlight color, or inner corners of your eyes. I didn’t think the shadow quality was too good, it faded quickly and I felt like it barely showed up when i put it on. The packaging also felt super cheap. Overall I did not like this very much.
- Real Techniques fine liner brush – This brush came as a pair up with the gel liner. I did not think this brush was “fine” enough, it was much too thick and caused me to make my eyeliner to thick as well. I have other brushes that do a better job.
My January Ipsy bag was also not one of my favorites, I preferred my Birchbox to my Ipsy bagthis month. If you would like to subscribe to either one of these beauty boxes click the links below:
Hijab: old (similar here)
Necklace: Forever21 sold-out (similar colored necklace here)
Shirt Dress: Forever21 sold-out (different here)
White Jeans: American Eagle (cheaper here)
Sandals: old (I also like these)
Purse: Kate Spade (cheaper alternative here)
Watch: Michael Kors (cheaper here)
Hand-chain: MonAmour Collection
Moon Star ring: Marshalls
Temporary Arabic Tattoo: here
Hijab: Haute Hijab
Neck Scarf: Forever21
Jeans: American Eagle (cheaper here)
Sandals: old (different here)
Delicate Hijabi sent us the most gorgeous Mustard and Teal maxi skirts which just happened to be the perfect winter colors, so we decided to style some cozy winter looks with them. Many people might think that wearing a maxi skirt in the winter isn’t possible because its too cold, but with the right essentials anyone can quickly put together these warm and cozy outfits. We matched the skirts with some chunky knit sweaters. Farah’s is a crop top sweater which went perfect with a skirt, while Heba tucked her sweater in for a more fitted look. Next we added some chunky infinity scarves around our necks. We decided to wear chiffon/silky Hijab’s to compliment the chunky scarves. To keep from getting cold, Farah and Heba both wore very thick leggings underneath the skirts with some leather knee-high boots. The leggings and boots were essential for keeping warm while still being able to wear maxi skirts in the winter time! I hope our looks inspire you and encourage you to wear your maxi skirts in the cold winter weather while still looking fashionable <3
P.S. These skirts are currently on sale for $23.00 which is a steal! Get them while they’re still in stock.
Heba’s Outfit Details:
Skirt: Delicate Hijabi
Sweater: Forever21 old (similar here)
Hijab: Haute Hijab
Fur Scarf: Target old (other here)
Boots: Sam Edelman (other here)
Gloves: I do not know (here are some cute ones)
Hand chain: MonAmour Collection
Farah’s Outfit Details:
Skirt: Delicate Hijabi
Sweater: Forever21 (similar here)
Hijab: Haute Hijab sold out (similar here)
Infinity scarf: H&M old (similar here)
Boots: I don’t remember (other cute ones here)
Gloves: Micheal Kors (other here)
Purse: Micheal Kors (other here)
Necklace: MonAmour Collection
A lot of people have been asking for it so today I want to share with you all my favorite recipe for gluten-free cookies! These are going to be the most delicious gluten-free cookies you have ever tasted. Here is a list of the ingredients that you will need:
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. imitation vanilla
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. of chocolate chips or anything else that you like
In a bowl, first you will need to mix the softened butter, eggs, and imitation vanilla. Mix very well! Next you will need to add in the dry ingredients: sugar, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.. the flour goes last. Your mixture should now feel like cookie dough but much stickier than regular cookie dough because its a gluten-free recipe. DO NOT add more flour!!! Lastly you need to add in your chocolate chips, you can also put white chocolate chips, peanut butter chocolate chips, or any other toppings you like! Next you need to start rolling them into individual medium sized balls. Place the dough balls about 1 inch between each other on your wax paper covered cookie trays. Make sure your oven is preheated to 350 degrees F and bake the cookies for about 15-20 mins. WARNING: do not over bake them or they will turn out very dry because it is a gluten-free recipe. So I would keep checking up on them to make sure they’re not over baked yet. They look pale when I pull them out with slight browned edges. Take them off the cookie tray and let them cool on your counter.