Ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox are monthly beauty subscription boxes for $10 a month and they provide you with 5-6 samples in each box. The beauty and/or make up samples are catered to suit your needs, according to a quiz you take when you first sign up.
January’s Birchbox theme is ‘Let’s Do This!’ Its a new year and that obviously means you should look and feel your best. This year Birchbox is giving a super cute decorated box EVERY month instead of their usual brown boxes and they told us to save them all because there is going to be a surprise 😀 hurray!!! I can’t wait to see what its going to be.
- Miracle Skin® Transformer Treat & Conceal Eye & Face – I got this in the color medium, it was too dark for me but other than that I loved it!!!! This concealer is amazing, it goes on so smooth and covers blemishes SO well! It’s also good to note that a little tiny bit goes a long way. Although its expensive I would consider purchasing this because I feel like its so worth it.
- theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac – Meh. I got this in the color Beauty Queen, and its like a purply reddish hot-pink color, I don’t really like stains very much so this wasn’t any different. I tried it on my lips and totally hated it, not as bad on my cheeks but I still didn’t like it very much overall.
- Essentiel Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion – I to be honest Im kinda sick of getting hand/body lotions/creams in my Birchbox but I actually really liked this, it felt very luxe and creamy! It was very moisturizing but not greasy and it smelled amazing.
- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream – This is a Birchbox exclusive! Now I’m still 24 (25 in a month or so ahhhh) but I do use eye creams as a preventative. This is supposed to improve wrinkles and lighten dark circles, I don’t really have either so i can’t comment on those. But it was very moisturizing and not greasy, which is what I like in an eye cream!
- Curl Keeper by Curly Hair Solutions™ Curl Keeper Gel – I have wavy/curly hair and its super frizzy too. This helped keep the frizziness away and did NOT make my hair crunchy. I actually liked it.
Although I didn’t totally love everything in my Birchbox this month, it was a pretty good one!
Ipsy’s January theme was ‘Fresh Start’ in light of the new year. I liked the bag a lot this month, I thought it went very well with the theme. It was a thick faux leather material, one side was white while the other was royal blue, and a coral zipper! Very pretty color-blocking.
- J. Cat Beauty FANTABULOUS Gel Eye Liner – I got this in the color Blue Black, it was a true dark navy color. Its supposed to be water-proof and smudge-proof, It stays on pretty well but I didn’t feel like it was water-proof or smudge-proof. Its super dark though and different than the typical black.
- Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo – This is a liquid highlighter, you can also mix it in your lotion or foundation for a dewy glow. I have combination/oily skin so I do not prefer liquid highlighters because I don’t like looking too dewy. This had an extremely light shimmer/sheen when applied, it was okay nothing too special.
- Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream – I liked that it was organic! It was kind of oily so I use this as a night eye cream because its too heavy for day use. Eye creams are usually thicker, this was kind of watery but it was very moisturizing, which again, is what I look for in an eye cream!
- Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow – I got the color Ethereal which is like a light champagne color. This would be a good eyebrow highlight color, or inner corners of your eyes. I didn’t think the shadow quality was too good, it faded quickly and I felt like it barely showed up when i put it on. The packaging also felt super cheap. Overall I did not like this very much.
- Real Techniques fine liner brush – This brush came as a pair up with the gel liner. I did not think this brush was “fine” enough, it was much too thick and caused me to make my eyeliner to thick as well. I have other brushes that do a better job.
My January Ipsy bag was also not one of my favorites, I preferred my Birchbox to my Ipsy bagthis month. If you would like to subscribe to either one of these beauty boxes click the links below:
Hijab: old (similar here)
Necklace: Forever21 sold-out (similar colored necklace here)
Shirt Dress: Forever21 sold-out (different here)
White Jeans: American Eagle (cheaper here)
Sandals: old (I also like these)
Purse: Kate Spade (cheaper alternative here)
Watch: Michael Kors (cheaper here)
Hand-chain: MonAmour Collection
Moon Star ring: Marshalls
Temporary Arabic Tattoo: here
Hijab: Haute Hijab
Neck Scarf: Forever21
Jeans: American Eagle (cheaper here)
Sandals: old (different here)
Delicate Hijabi sent us the most gorgeous Mustard and Teal maxi skirts which just happened to be the perfect winter colors, so we decided to style some cozy winter looks with them. Many people might think that wearing a maxi skirt in the winter isn’t possible because its too cold, but with the right essentials anyone can quickly put together these warm and cozy outfits. We matched the skirts with some chunky knit sweaters. Farah’s is a crop top sweater which went perfect with a skirt, while Heba tucked her sweater in for a more fitted look. Next we added some chunky infinity scarves around our necks. We decided to wear chiffon/silky Hijab’s to compliment the chunky scarves. To keep from getting cold, Farah and Heba both wore very thick leggings underneath the skirts with some leather knee-high boots. The leggings and boots were essential for keeping warm while still being able to wear maxi skirts in the winter time! I hope our looks inspire you and encourage you to wear your maxi skirts in the cold winter weather while still looking fashionable <3
P.S. These skirts are currently on sale for $23.00 which is a steal! Get them while they’re still in stock.
Heba’s Outfit Details:
Skirt: Delicate Hijabi
Sweater: Forever21 old (similar here)
Hijab: Haute Hijab
Fur Scarf: Target old (other here)
Boots: Sam Edelman (other here)
Gloves: I do not know (here are some cute ones)
Hand chain: MonAmour Collection
Farah’s Outfit Details:
Skirt: Delicate Hijabi
Sweater: Forever21 (similar here)
Hijab: Haute Hijab sold out (similar here)
Infinity scarf: H&M old (similar here)
Boots: I don’t remember (other cute ones here)
Gloves: Micheal Kors (other here)
Purse: Micheal Kors (other here)
Necklace: MonAmour Collection