Pimples are the most annoying thing that occurs in our skins and it usually appears during the most unfavourable times like just before a big romantic date, job interview, or other similar special occasions. In order to know what are the main causes behind these annoying pimples, you should begin with the study of what is the pimple. When you research about pimples you will come to know that the causes and treatment options of the acne, as well as pimples, are almost precisely the similar things. The foremost variation is that acne breakouts are the most likely seen during the teenage and young adult years, whereas the pimples are likely to appear at any stages of life with the appropriate initiation. There is a proverb called as prevention is better than cure which is certainly applicable here. First of all, try to prevent the pimples affecting your skin. If you take a serious effort you can easily get rid of the pimples too. Always prefer the natural remedies which will enhance the healthy part of your skin.
The main causes of pimples
Pimples appear in the skin if the dead skin cells and bacteria get accumulated in the skin pores, a minute opening in the skin that makes them get clogged. The skin possesses the bacteria inhabiting in it, the problem occurs if these bacteria are likely to find its way to penetrate the skin pores and it results in an infection. There are also a few symptoms associated with these infections such as the appearance of the red bumps on the skin, which may secrete pus. The dead skin cells might get increased because of the high secretion and production sebum and it is also caused because of insufficient hygiene. These both factors will gradually lead to the breakouts of the pimples. If you fail to cleanse the skill properly, then you are most likely welcoming the clogged skin pores all by yourself. This clogged pore will soon develop into pimples. If you wash your skin excessively then your skin might receive signals to stimulate the secretion of the excessive amount of sebum which in turn might aggravate your pimple. It is just recommended to wash your face two times a day. You can wash your face before you go to bed.
Other causes of pimples
The other causes of the pimple also includes like changes in the immune system where the defences of your body are likely to lower down which leaves you away to infections. These infections can also be the reason for the pimples. The other causes include illness, stress as well as hormonal changes. These changes in your body can make you prone to develop pimples. Stress not only creates pimples but also ruin your wellness and health completely. Ensure that you lead a stress-free life to stay healthy. Women might get pimple during the times of the monthly period which are like to disappear when their hormone gets balanced by itself. If the pimple breakout taunts you heavily, then you might give a try to expect the succeeding appearance of the pimple and make sure to keep your skin extra clean and free of sebum just before your next period. Everyone body does not function in the same way, so the causes of pimples are not the same for everybody but these are the causes that usually occurs in everyone’s body. You can try using of the best korean face mask which is widely recommended by the most of women around the globe. It has also given the best results to all the skin types. If you are trying to get rid of pimples try this for 100 per cent results.
Dry skin on the face is a common skincare problem among many people. This issue can be a result of a combination of different factors, including heat, humidity, skin conditions, and the use of products that contain harsh ingredients.
You don’t need an expensive dermatological treatment to deal with your dry skin. There are home remedies and over-the-counter products that can prove to be promising. You can also use the best facial kit for dry skin for an all-in-one package of everything you will need. Click here to find out our top pick.
In the rest of this post, we will quickly list down the best ways to take care of your facial skin to combat dryness. There is no magic formula on how to bid goodbye to the problem, so you might need to try one or more of these tips.
Apply a Moisturizer
One of the most basic tips when it comes to taking care of dry facial skin is to moisturize. In fact, a moisturizer is still one of the most under-rated skincare products despite the fact that its benefits have already been widely written.
There is a big debate on when you should apply a moisturizer. If you will ask us, we will recommend that you apply moisturizer in the morning before you head out. This provides an additional layer of protection towards external elements that can damage the skin, such as sun and pollution.
It is also important that you pay attention to the moisturizer that you are using. It needs to offer protection from the harmful rays of the sun. It should not contain alcohol. Look for natural blends of oils that can effectively hydrate the skin.
Cleanse Your Face
Another excellent way to deal with dry facial skin is proper cleansing. Like in the case of moisturizers, you need to be careful with your choice of cleanser to make sure that it won’t irritate or dry out your skin.
Avoid facial cleansers that contain soap or alcohol, especially if you have delicate skin. Look for natural ingredients with moisturizing and hydrating benefits. Stay away from those with sulfates or salicylic acid.
Aside from the ingredients, you also need to pay attention to how you wash your face. Do not use towels that are too rough. Do not scrub with too much pressure.
Use Warm Water
It does not matter whether you are washing your face or taking a shower. The important thing is to make sure that you are using warm and never hot water. Hot water gets rid of the sebum in the skin, which is the reason why it appears dry.
Use a Humidifier
One of the culprits for dry facial hair is your environment. Therefore, when the room is dry, the same effect can happen on the face. With this, an easy solution is to invest in a humidifier. This will help to keep the room moist, as well as your skin. This comes handy during your sleep.
Protect Yourself from the Cold
Speaking of environmental factors, extreme cold can also negatively impact your skin and make it dry. A good solution is to wrap a scarf around your neck. Choose a scarf made of soft and natural materials to prevent skin irritation.
Have a Healthy Diet
This is perhaps the most important, not only to combat dryness but for other skincare problems as well. Eat foods that are good for the skin. You need to load up on foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, such as avocado and salmon.
Your dry facial skin can be stubborn. Even with the best skincare products, it can still be apparent. To deal with this skin problem, we recommend that you go beyond the products that you are using on your skin.
I cannot believe that there is only a week left of Ramadan! I say this every year, but it seriously flies by so quickly. I still have NO idea what I’m wearing for Eid but this gorgeous floral maxi dress from Urban Modesty could be your Eid dress! I’ve paired it with a boater hat and red lipstick for a classic Parisian look and I’m really loving how vintage it looks <3
Maxi Dress: Urban Modesty
Purse: Kate Spade
Hat: Forever 21 sold out (similar one here)
A new company based in Malaysia called Hessa Bags recently contacted me to send me one of their beautiful bags. I was quite honored to be the first blogger to collaborate with them! The company strives to produce meaningful yet practical bags because sometimes we can get so wrapped in this dunya that we need daily reminders to shift our focus on what really matters, our deen. It was not pictured because I couldn’t get a clear picture of it but on the backside of the bag there are words written on each of the little red flags stemming from the flowers: tilawah, tawbah, dhikr, shukr, sabr, sadaqah, halaqa, tawakkal, tafakkur, du’a, and solat, these words are to serve as daily reminders and remembrance of Allah (swt). A portion of their proceeds are donated to charity, and every month they highlight a new charity that their donations will be going to. The bags are gorgeous and practical for anyone on the go, they are the perfect size too and fit everything you need on a daily basis. They are very well made; lined on the inside with a zipper top closure. They also have 3 different pockets inside, and two on the outside with button closures. They currently come in two colors, Feed Your Soul (Dawn)and Feed Your Soul (Dusk). I am holding the Dawn in these photos. They are priced at RM179.00 MYR this converts to $47.00 in USD and remember that a portion does go to charity! I hope you love them as much as I do <3
Bag: Hessa Bags
Hijab: Vela Scarves
Top: Forever 21 old (another one here)
Pants: Forever 21 sold out (similar ones here)
Necklace: Shop Urbanite
Sandals: Marshalls (similar ones here)
This is what I wore to go grocery shopping and run some errands with hubby! We went out for Iftar afterwards so don’t be fooled into thinking this is always how I look when running errands LOL I usually look far from this. hahahahah 😀
Hijab: Haute Hijab
Floral top: Forever 21 old (this one is cute too)
Light Jacket: Marshalls (found an almost identical one on Forever 21)
Pants: Forever 21 sold-out (these are similar)
Necklace: MonAmour Collection
Bracelets: American Eagle old (I like these too)
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Purse: Kate Spade
Sandals: Marshalls (these are similar)
Ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox are monthly beauty subscription boxes for $10 a month and they provide you with 5-6 samples in each box. The beauty and/or make up samples are curated to suit your needs, according to a quiz you take when you first sign up.
The theme for the May Birchbox was ‘Adventure’ and this months picks were to help you get creative and adventure out of your comfort zone to try new things! The boxes for this month were again, extremely beautiful! You could’ve received one of three different designs; Say Yes, Next Stop: Adventure, or Adventure Is A State Of Mind. Each box had its own color of beautiful ombre and the writing was in a shiny gold! I REALLY loved the boxes this month.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – This product is exclusive to Birchbox. I already have the full-size of this but I was still happy to receive a little travel size for when I am traveling! This stuff smells amazing and it really works well for people who have frizzy, curly, or wavy hair. Love this stuff.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow – This product is also exclusive to Birchbox. This was way better than expected. It didn’t make me oily and the universal shade surprisingly blended in very well with my skin-tone. I usually hate shimmery products because they just don’t look good on people with huge pores but this was very subtle, it made me glow in a good way!
- COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face – I am already a fan of COOLA products so it’s no surprise that I loved this! This stuff protects and hydrates my skin at the same time which I love instead of using 2 separate products. I’ve been using Retin-A on my face so it has been super dry and this came in handy.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels – This was my sample choice. While I was a little skeptical about this brand because I’ve sampled their face wipes in my Ipsy bag and they literally burned my face, these on the other-hand were awesome! You put them on after a night of no sleep or a long tiring week for about 10 minutes and when they come off your under eyes will look fresh and awake! Not to mention smooth as well. Apparently people loved these just as much as I did since they’re sold-out in the Birchbox shop.
- Marcelle Mini Waterproof Eyeliner Travel Kit – Again, this too is exclusive to Birchbox. I received it in the color Electric Blue, Its a very pretty pop of color but I didnt feel as though this was waterproof and it seemed to be a little runny. Not too bad.
- Emi Jay Solid Hair Tie 5-Pack – This was the bonus for the month! everyone received some type of hair-tie or band. They’re made from recycled material in LA. I have super thick wavy/curly hair and this hair band could barely go over my hair once. I wasn’t a big fan.
I was pretty pleased with my June Birchbox even though the bonus item was a fail for me.
The theme for the June Ipsy bag was “Swim Into Beauty” in reference to the summertime! The bag reflected the theme very well although I personally didn’t like it very much. It was made from a scuba material with ‘Ipsy‘ written all over it and it had a neon orange zipper.
- Jules and Esther Vitamin C Serum – I’ve been looking for a vitamin C serum so I was very happy to see this in my bag! I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation from old acne scars and I was looking for something to lighten them up. I’m not sure if this is doing that for me yet but I do really like this stuff. It makes my face look brighter and makes my complexion feel smoother.
- Smashbox Cosmetic Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I’ve had this before in the past and I’m currently using their pore minimizing one! I like this primer a lot, you might not be a fan if you don’t like silicone based primer but this makes my face feel so smooth and really preps it for my foundation,
- BioRepublic SkinCare Sheet Mask Trio – I love the fact that Ipsy always sends multiples when it’s products like these. Last month they sent me 2 pairs of eye patches to try and this month they sent me 3 face masks! I have to say that I totally loved these. You leave it on for 15 minutes and afterwards your skin feels very hydrated and it glows!
- Formula X Power Source nail color – I got it in a pretty bright coral color for the summertime. Although I don’t wear nail polish very much I did like the color a lot. I was already familiar with this brand because it’s the Sephora nail polish brand.
- tre’StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon – I received this in the color ‘Marimoto Pink Pearl’ which is a nude pink shimmer. It’s nice for a quick swipe over the eyelid and you’re done! The fact that it was a crayon shadow and not a powder one made it have better staying power and it showed up better too. I like the color as well.
I don’t care for receiving nail polish much but overall I really loved my June Ipsy bag. I was happy with both Birchbox and Ipsy for June! If you would like to subscribe to either one of these beauty boxes please click my referral links below:
Ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox are monthly beauty subscription boxes for $10 a month and they provide you with 5-6 samples in each box. The beauty and/or make up samples are catered to suit your needs, according to a quiz you take when you first sign up.
February’s Birchbox theme was ‘Friendship.’ The box was dedicated to the people who cheer us on, calm us down, and make us laugh so hard we cry. I though this was a cute idea since not everyone is in a relationship with a significant other so making the theme Valentines Day would’ve been cliche and overdone. Birchbox teamed up with Rent the Runway this month to give all their subscribers $10 off their first rented dress from the website. If you don’t know what Rent The Runway is, its a website that allows you to rent high-end dresses from many different brands for a low price and then return it when you’re done. I absolutely LOVED the box this month, the bright orange color with the cute violet purple speech bubbles all over it was adorable! Although I loved the actual box I didn’t really love what was in my box this month 🙁
- Perlier Revitalizing Body Butter – Yet another hand cream/lotion. I think I’ve gotten one in every single box since I’ve been subscribed and I’m getting sooooo sick of it. Anyways, this hand cream was very thick but not greasy, its really good for the winter months and I loved the smell of almonds and honey! Yum.
- Laura Geller Beauty GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara – Probably the only thing that I actually liked in my box this month. This was my sample choice. I liked the formula, it didn’t have any under eye fall out which is what I hate most in a mascara! This was a win.
- Dear Clark, Resurrecting Wash – Im going to be honest, I didn’t even use it. I hate getting shampoo as a sample because I will never buy it even if I like it because I just cannot justify buying shampoo for more than the typical drugstore prices.
- Dear Clark, Resurrecting Rinse – This was the conditioner. Same as above.
- Harvey Prince Hello, Limited Edition – This is exclusive to Birchbox. Another thing I hate receiving is a perfume sample, although I did like the scent of this one, I wear the same perfume all the time so Im not interested in trying perfume samples.
Overall this was probably my worst Birchbox since being a subscriber. But thats okay, because you’re not always going to recieve something you like! Its still worth it to me for only $10 a month.
Ipsy’s February theme was #ipsylove for Valentines Day. I got a lot of love from Ipsy’s February bag! Ipsy gave their subscribers a chance to win a yearly subscription this month by sharing a picture of your february bag on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the tag @ipsy and the hashtags #ipsy #februaryglambag and by sharing it/tagging your friends. The bag this month was dark pink with a grey, white, and pink diamond pattern on the front side. I didn’t really like this bag much. Ive also noticed that I much prefer the bags with a top zipper than one that opens on the side.
- CARGO Cosmetics Mini Lip Gloss – I got this in the color Anguilla which was a light pink/nude color. I hate lip glosses in general and don’t wear them. The texture of this was awful, it was super sticky and the color was horrible as well, it literally looked almost white on.
- Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask – I absolutely loved this!!! You put a thin layer on your face and let it dry for about 15 mins and then you peel it off. It made my skin feel so soft and it looked brighter afterwards too! It smelled sooooooo good too.
- Rob Scheppy for ‘Tini Beauty Eyeshadow – The color I received this in was Pearl Fizz which is like a shimmery champagne color. I liked this a lot, it showed up really well and had good staying power. But I do feel like I keep getting this eyeshadow color and although its my fav its getting kind of repetitive.
- ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Powder – I got this in the color Cosmopolitan which is a ballerina pink color. I really liked this! You only need a little bit because its super pigmented, but it looks amazing on!
- Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush 504 – I love this brush so much! Its vegan, 100% animal cruelty free, and its antibacterial! It was soooo soft, I used it to apply the blush and it worked beautifully. I loved the rose-gold and pink color of it too <3
I think its safe to say that my February Ipsy bag was awesome with the exception of the lipgloss. My Ipsy bag definitely won over my Birchbox this month. If you would like to subscribe to either one of these beauty boxes please click my referral links below:
Many cultures have their own “cultural clothing” so to say, I am Lebanese and we do not have any particular traditional clothing and sometimes that makes me sad. I would say this dress is close to the traditional Moroccan kaftans so I was super excited to finally be wearing some type of traditional attire even if it wasn’t from my own culture. The Elysia Embroidery dress from Kaftan for Less is absolutely beautiful and can be worn to any special event you may have coming up. I am wearing the Plum color in these pictures.
Dress: Kaftan for Less
Jersey Hijab: Hijab-ista
Hand-chain: MonAmour Collection
If I could wear neutrals everyday, I would. They are just so classy and timeless, they can make anyone look good! For this outfit I decided to go full on neutral from head to toe and I absolutely loved the way it turned out. I am wearing the Dolce Dots hijab from Austere Attire, its unfortunately sold-out at the moment, I’m not sure if they will restock it or not but they have many other options, such as the Solid Nude hijab. The Gemstone headpiece I am wearing is also from Austere Attire and they have a couple other pretty ones to choose from as well!
Hijab: Austere Attire sold-out (other neutral hijab here)
Headpiece: Austere Attire
Blouse: Forever21 old (similar here and here)
Trousers: H&M old (similar here and here)
Purse: Kate Spade (cheaper option here)
Shoes: Macy’s old (other nude heels here)
Watch: Michael Kors (cheaper option here)
Bracelets: The Chiq Jewelry
I don’t know about you girls but I love pastels. They’re just so beautiful and girly! When Austere Attire sent me the Sugar Pop hijab in this light peach color it inspired me to put together this pastel colored outfit. I really liked the material of this hijab, it was not slippery at all and it had little polka-dots all over it that you could actually feel when you touch the hijab. The hijab is from their new collection which just went live a couple days ago and its still available for only $15.00!!! They have so many hijabs to choose from for extremely affordable prices such as this one.
Hijab: Austere Attire
Top: Forever21 old (other here)
Skirt: Delicate Hijabi
Purse: Ralph Lauren old (other here)
Shoes: Macy’s old (other here)
Necklace: Forever21 sold-out (other here)
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs (cheaper here)
Bangle: Lord & Taylor old (other here)